In the winter season, people make many different vegetables a part of their diet.
One of these vegetables is peas. Vegetables or rice are usually prepared with the help of peas, but peas can be eaten in many other ways as well.
For example, if you are fond of sweets, then pudding can also be made with the help of peas.
This is an easy recipe, which looks very delicious to eat.
So today in this article, we are telling you an easy way to make Matar ka Halwa, which you can also try at your home and give a treat to your taste buds.
Ingredients for making Matar Ka Halwa
• Fresh green peas boiled and coarsely ground 1 cup
• Peas peeled
• Sugar 1 cup
• Ghee 1 tbsp
• Almonds finely chopped 1 tbsp
• Cashews finely chopped 1 tbsp
• Pistachios finely chopped 1 tbsp
• Gram flour 2 Tbsp
• Green cardamom powder 1/2 (half) tsp
• Mawa grated1/2 (half) cup
How to make Green Pea Halwa
• In a non stick pan, make sugar syrup by adding sugar and 1 cup water.
• Remove the strings of the pea skins, roughly chop them and put them in the syrup.
• Heat ghee in another non stick pan. Add almonds, cashews and pistachios and fry for 1-2 minutes.
• Add gram flour and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add green peas and fry on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
• Add green cardamom powder and mix well.
• Add khoya and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the syrup with the peels and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes and switch off the flame.
• Transfer to a serving bowl and serve hot.
• Calories: 1863 kcal
• Carbohydrates: 306.9 g
• Protein: 37.6 g
• Fat: 53.9 g